Royalty in Raleigh
RALEIGH, NC (April 12, 2011) - Magnolia Glen, a Kisco Senior Living community, has a slate of events to set the stage for the upcoming nuptials of Prince William of Wales and his fiancé Catherine "Kate" Middleton at London's Westminster Abbey. While the wedding will take place on April 29, the community will begin their celebration with a week of festivities beginning April 25.
The wedding date is the feast day of St. Catherine of Siena, whose name Middleton shares – though that is a coincidence. The British government has declared the day – a Friday – will be a public holiday.
Now that it's settled, next comes the frenzy of planning what is likely to be a spectacular pageant watched by millions around the world. There are all the myriad details of any wedding plus the required security, protocol and ceremonial issues of a British royal wedding. Magnolia Glen will provide its own glimpse into wedding preparations for any age with the Royal Wedding Week to be held April 25-29. All events are free to the public.
- April 25 - Meet with Janice from North Raleigh Florist for the latest trends in floral arrangements beginning at 1:30 pm;
- April 26 - Mary Kay makeovers & salon hair stylings beginning at 1:30 pm;
- April 27 - Wedding cake designs and samples with Cinda's Cakes at 1:30 pm;
- April 28 - Royal Wedding High Tea is served at 2:00 pm; guests are encouraged to dress as if they were attending the royal nuptials;
- April 29 - Telecast of the Royal Wedding at 11:00 am on the big screen in Magnolia Glen's Media Worship Center.
As the community reminisces about weddings, the Magnolia Glen team is requesting residents to submit their wedding photos along with any advice they might have for the newlyweds. Photos should be addressed to the Magnolia Glen Wellness Team prior to April 15 with: name, ages when you were married and advice. (This can be written on the back of the photo or on a separate piece of paper.) Residents that share advice will find the tidbits on display at the High Tea Reception on April 28.