Dear Residents, Families and Associates of BridgePoint at Los Altos:
We currently have a total of 5 positive cases – 3 associates and 2 residents. The associates are at home quarantining and will not return until cleared by a physician. The 2 positive residents are under quarantine.
We are extremely excited for our first vaccine clinic set for Tuesday January 19th! Walgreens will be on site from 9 am to 5 pm to administer the vaccine to all residents and 50% of associates. Last night, all residents received a notice on their doors with their appointment time and location. If you did not receive a notice or have questions about your appointment, please call the front desk.
What do you need to do before the clinic?
1. Arrive on time! Space will be limited so please arrive at your designated time only. Do not arrive earlier or later than your designated time.
a. For 1st floor residents, check in is in the Bistro and our clinic space will be the Wellness Room.
b. For 2nd floor residents, check in is near apartment 259.
2. Wear comfortable clothing that provides easy access to your preferred arm.
3. Prepare to stay for your full observation period which is 15-30 minutes.
What if I have an adverse reaction?
1. While rare, a small percentage of those receiving the vaccine experienced mild side effects (comparable to flu vaccines), these include soreness at the injection site, tiredness, headache, chills, fever. In rare instances, individuals with a history of severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis- hard time breathing or swallowing) had similar reaction to the Covid vaccine.
2. Walgreens will be designated as an Adverse Reaction Station if needed.
3. We will have six Pharmacists on-site.
4. Walgreens team will have Epi-pens available if needed.
What to expect next?
1. Your COVID19 Vaccine card will be kept by the community until you receive your last dose. A copy of your immunization card however can be provided to you on Wednesday.
2. This is the Pfizer vaccine that will require a secondary shot on Tuesday February 9th, 2021.
a. Because this is a follow up shot, no additional paperwork will be requested.
b. Your completed vaccination card will be given to you on this day.
We know that early detection through our testing programs, vaccination along with physical distancing, proper mask use, hand hygiene, and ongoing health monitoring, we can provide an excellent line of defense in the fight against Covid-19. If you have questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out.
This past week, residents enjoyed a 1950s diner themed Happy Hour! We enjoyed milkshakes, burgers, hotdogs and banana cream pie while listening to classic tunes and reminiscing of “The good ol’ days.”
On Wednesday, January 20th we are hosting a vaccination celebration! Come celebrate our first round with treats and light refreshments. More information to come!
I want to thank you all for your continued trust and partnership. If you have any questions, concerns or kudos, please don’t hesitate to reach out.