Dear Residents, Families, and Associates of BridgePoint at Los Altos;
I am writing this notice to inform you that an associate who works in our kitchen has tested positive for COVID-19. This associate will self-isolate at home for a minimum of 14 days and until cleared with a negative test result. Based on this person’s work duties and our review, there are no residents identified to have had exposure with this individual. We have informed any associates who may have had prolonged close contact with this person to ensure they are monitored and tested . We continue to require all associates to wear a mask while at work and residents when they are out of their apartments.
As the greater public opens up, we continue to stress the importance of staying safe when out of your home, or in our case, when off campus for essential needs. A recent article in The New Yorker by Atul Gawande (link below) succinctly summarizes how we can all greatly reduce the spread of COVID-19 by the “4 pillars of safety”: washing hands (hygiene), wearing a mask, screening, and social-distancing. At BridgePoint Los Altos we are focused on those pillars and additional containment measures that we will maintain throughout the pandemic.
As such, we continue to:
· Monitor all residents and staff daily for any symptoms including fever. We offer extended sick leave pay and will not allow any staff to work who have symptoms or known exposure to COVID-19.
· Enforce single point of entry, limiting essential visitors only who must wear PPE to enter.
· Shelter-in-place protocols are in place for all residents. Our staff are using the recommended Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to keep everyone safe and to reduce the risk of exposure considering asymptomatic carriers.
· Increased sanitation/disinfecting. We maintain 24/7 sanitation rounds of common areas and surfaces to reduce the risk of further exposure.
· Ongoing consultation with the Santa Clara County Department of Health and adherence to CDC guidelines.
You can count on prompt and transparent updates throughout this pandemic. Our team remains focused on the health, happiness and safety of all of our residents and associates.