Our COVID-19 Prevention Efforts
Select a menu option to expand and read more. If you would like to receive updates from a community via email, please use this form to contact the Kisco Senior Living home office.
Please view the updated message from our President and CEO Andy Kohlberg as America begins to reopen.
June 3, 2020: Since the beginning of March, we have watched our country battle an invisible enemy that has impacted all our lives in many ways. I am encouraged to see our cities slowly opening back up to a new normal – one that we are all still getting used to.
During this time, I have witnessed unprecedented dedication and countless acts of kindness from our associates. I continue to be amazed at the resilience of our residents and our healthcare professionals. I have received letters from families and residents that praise our communities for their compassionate ways to care for them, entertain them, and live through this crisis with them. It makes me proud to be part of Kisco Senior Living, to know that we are providing a safe haven for our residents.
The safety, security, health, and wellbeing of our residents and associates have always been our top priorities. At all our communities, we have taken additional measures and implemented more stringent controls to help safeguard their wellbeing. We continue to closely monitor and implement COVID-19 prevention guidelines and recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), and complying with local, state and federal guidelines and ordinances.
For the time being, we will keep our safety protocols in place, including:
- Monitoring the health of all residents and associates daily
- Increasing disinfection of high-touch and high-traffic areas
- Instituting social distancing best practices, particularly at wellness activities and in dining areas
- Providing grocery and pharmacy delivery, room service meal delivery, shopping service and personal errands
- Suspending non-essential visits
- Requiring all associates to wear facemasks and other protective equipment
- Facilitating our families to stay connected through virtual visits
I know all of us want to be able to be with our families in person as soon as possible. And, when our communities are in a position to carefully open back up to visitors, we will connect our families as our first priority.
Stay safe and healthy,
President & CEO
Kisco Confidence – our standard for exceptional service.
At Kisco Senior Living, we value your trust. Serving our residents is a badge of honor we proudly wear every day, and our number one goal is to earn your trust. Our mission is centered on providing safety and security, health and wellbeing, and quality services to foster the most vibrant and fulfilling senior living communities.
Our residents and associates are the reason Kisco delivers 5-star service in everything we do. We proactively prepare, plan, and protect against outside threats to ongoing service delivery. We follow best-in-class protocols and continue to set the standard for keeping our residents and associates safe and sound.
Kisco believes in integrity and transparency. We will always be up front in keeping you informed as situations change. We listen. We respond. We provide you with the confidence of knowing we will be on top of any situation that occurs.
Our principles, values, and beliefs foster continuous improvement. We discover new technologies to better connect our families. We cultivate innovative service partnerships to improve quality. We adopt hospitality and healthcare standards to support and advance our wellness mission.
For more than 30 years, Kisco has provided peace of mind. To our residents. To our families. To our associates. To you.
That’s the promise of Kisco Confidence™.
Safety and Security
- Environmental Health and Safety personnel onsite
- One single point entry
- Accushield® visitor management system for all community visitors
- Strict adherence to all CDC guidelines and protocols
- Ongoing high-touch/high-traffic surface cleaning throughout the day (elevators, public areas, handrails, doors, restrooms)
- Crandall® nutritional assurance and hygiene audits
Trust and Transparency
- Immediate and frequent communications to residents and families for any situational change in protocols
- Fully transparent and honest updates as soon as they are available
Safe and Sound
- Comprehensive response protocols for emergency and disaster situations that meet or exceed all state and federal guidelines
- Wanderguard® protection for at-risk residents at select communities
- Personal Protective Equipment available onsite
- Expanded telehealth availability
- Sanitation and social distancing protocols in place for all dining and wellness areas
Peace of Mind
- 24/7 onsite staffing
- Enhanced environmental protocols to ensure a healthy building
- Ongoing training of associates to prepare and plan for unforeseen events
- Implementation of smart room technology
- FaceTime™ and Skype® connection with family and friends
5-Star Lifestyle Experience
- First senior living company to partner with Forbes Travel® exceptional service standards and training
- Transportation service available
- Grocery and pharmacy delivery
- Room service from onsite restaurants
- Shopping service and personal errands
- Art of Living Well® wellness programs