Dear Residents, Families, and Associates of Drake Terrace,
I am still so pleased to announce we are still Covid-19 positive free as of this date with all residents and staff. While this update certainly calls for a sigh of relief, I think it is important to provide reassurance that the safety and well-being of our residents and associates remains constant and steadfast.
As a reminder, we will continue providing services as safely and efficiently as possible. All of our containment protocols will remain in place, out of an abundance of caution. We would also like your help with informing your loved ones who live here to please not access the community Alma Via located directly across from us. They have asked us to avoid coming over and sitting on their benches during this nice weather we’ve been having. They are doing their best to keep everyone safe as well and have decided to close their campus to anyone who is not an essential worker. Having said that, we too are still remaining closed to any family member who is not an essential care worker.
• All residents continue to quarantine in their apartments until further notice. Thank you for doing your part and cooperating with sheltering-in-place!
• Dining and snacks are delivered to each apartment in disposable containers and pre-wrapped cutlery.
• Single-point of entry maintained and only “essential visitors” for medical needs or end-of-life and compassion visitation are permitted to enter.
• All associates and visitors wear a face mask and gloves and additional protective gear if providing care.
•Sanitation of high-touch and traffic areas completed every 2 hours, 24/7. I’d like to thank our housekeeping department for their exceptional work over the past month!
• All packages are disinfected at entrance and delivered by Drake Terrace associates to individual apartments.
• We continue to screen all associates and residents for temperature daily and monitor other symptoms. Temperatures over 99.6 will be addressed.
Also, as a reminder, I will be recording updates for residents and families via a private message service. You may hear my messages at your convenience by calling (415) 745-9575. The messages will be brief and status oriented.
Another important announcement is with a profound gratitude and sadness, Veronica Gonzalez, our current Assisted Living Director. She will be leaving us at the end of May to be closer to home and family. She will be greatly missed at Drake Terrace. She has served in the community for over 25 years and has made a significant positive impact on staff, residents and families over the years. While we are sad to see her go, we wish Veronica all our best. We know that wherever she goes she will be a tremendous asset to the organization. Please join the staff at Drake Terrace in saying a very big THANK YOU! Please feel free to give Veronica a call or drop off a card at the community if you wish.
Executive Director, Drake Terrace