Our test results from Monday, February 22nd are Negative!
It is with great excitement that I share with you that as of Monday, March 1st, we will be able to reduce our COVID testing from twice a week to one time a week! We will not be utilizing the Saliva Pooled testing next week, only the Nasal Swab test on Thursday. We are in the process of working with a new lab and our testing protocols and schedule will look different in the next couple of weeks, but we anticipate faster results and an easier process. We will share additional details as we make the transition to the new lab.
We are also very excited to be able to expand our Wellness programming and will begin by making a few small changes starting Monday, March 1st:
• Programs will be open for all to enjoy without restriction. You will no longer need to call the Front Desk to sign up for programs.
• Daily Line Up sheets will be available in the lobby and posted in the elevators for your convenience, they will no longer be delivered door to door.
• The Gym will be open on a first come first serve basis and sign ups will no longer be necessary.
• Please anticipate the return of outings, shopping trips, entertainers, and happy hours in the very near future.
• Monthly resident meetings and forums will return to our schedules. Please be on the lookout for a flyer in the next few weeks outlining an invitation to these standing meetings.
Dining Reservations in Waters Edge will no longer be necessary after Tuesday March 2nd. Please anticipate a detailed letter regarding the reopening of our Dining Rooms and reduction of our tray delivery service early next week.
Silver Strands Salon will also be able to resume normal business operations without capacity restrictions.
We will continue to wear masks, wash our hands, and social distance when possible. Please be mindful that as we lift restrictions, we need to continue to safeguard ourselves and the community.
Due to some staffing changes in the Environmental Services and Housekeeping department we have had to temporarily reassign responsibilities within the department. Pricilla is no longer employed with us and had previously been assigned to clean the 3rd Floor Independent Living apartments. James will temporarily assume this responsibility starting next week. Melinda who recently transitioned from Dining to Laundry will be responsible for cleaning apartments on the 1st and 2nd Floors of Independent Living. We are actively recruiting for two open Housekeeping positions and will keep you updated on our progress. Please reach out to Les or David if you have any questions or concerns that need to be addressed.
UPCOMING COVID-19 TESTING SCHEDULE REMINDER:
THURSDAY, MARCH 4, 2021
PCR Nasal Swab Testing in The Montpelier Room
8:00 am-9:30am—Assisted Living Residents testing will be conducted Door to Door
9:30am-11:30am—Independent Living Residents, Associates & Essential Visitors*
*Essential Visitors: To ensure your test can be completed we ask that you bring your social
security number and your insurance cards with you to the testing if you did not do so last week.