Dear Residents and Families of Heritage Greens:
As July draws to a close we are focusing on the remainder of the year, and what a year it has been already. It is with a happy heart that I report we have had no new Covid cases across the entire campus for two months now. Unfortunately, we cannot say the same for the Greensboro area or North Carolina as a whole. As cases continue to rise at a high rate in the surrounding community, we will remain vigilant and continue monitoring and base our decisions on easing restrictions on data and trends in our area.
We do have some exciting new developments, and as those of you know that follow us on Facebook, we are trying to do as much as we can within the current guidelines to keep our residents as active and engaged as possible. We have started with group activities, with masks and social distancing required. We have expanded our patio dining to include more opportunities for our residents in both Assisted and Independent Living. We also have a new contactless family visitation station at the Arboretum to keep families and loved ones connected and are offering scheduled outdoor family visits in Assisted Living, masks and social distancing required. Please check out your loved ones having a blast at HG! https://www.facebook.com/66055982622/posts/10157317160302623/?sfnsn=mo&d=n&vh=e
I also want to share an update on a few changes and improvements around campus. We have added a new visitor check-in system at our Front Desk. Accushield will help us track every vendor and visitor in the building and improve overall safety and security. Just prior to the Covid pandemic we completed the installation of a new exterior door security system. Once restrictions are lifted, we will be providing each resident with a key fob that will grant them touchless access to the exterior entrances without the need for keys or codes.
I am very excited to announce Kisco has finalized a partnership with Clarify Labs and will soon begin a bi-weekly testing rotation of all Heritage Greens Associates and our regular preferred partners that operate on Campus. We will also be offering this service to our residents at no charge to help minimize the necessary quarantine period when they travel off campus.
We are maintaining our safety protocols to maximize containment and safety for all. These measures, if followed diligently, should provide a low risk for spread and give us all confidence that we are doing everything we can to maintain a sanitized, safe environment. We are keeping the following changes to our operating procedures in effect:
- All Assisted and Independent Living residents will Shelter-on-Campus and will not be leaving unless for needed medical
- Any Independent Living residents that do elect to leave for non-medical appointments will be required to quarantine in their rooms for 14 days or have a negative Covid test during quarantine
- All Memory Care residents will shelter within their own neighborhood and in apartment when
- Assisted Living/Memory Care Associates providing close/Direct care will use appropriate PPE
- All Other Associates – Must always wear masks throughout the community
- The best ways to avoid catching the virus is to wash your hands, avoid touching face, and for us all to wear masks which prevents spread and helps you not touch your Lastly, when having close/prolonged time with a resident, using full PPE provides high protection.
- All medical providers/essential outside guests are required to wear masks and gloves at minimum
- All new move ins require two negative Covid 19 tests one prior and one post move in during a required 14-day shelter-in-place period.
- We will continue to offer in-room dining and wellness opportunities to help our residents feel as engaged and connected as
- We continue to sanitize all high-touch surfaces such as rails, doorknobs, elevator, and packages delivered to residents every 2-4 24/7.
- We will continue to check all associates temperatures daily and ensure anyone with temp over 99.6 does not work.
Our team continues to focus on the important balance of keeping our campus safe while making a difference every day for our residents. I will continue to send updates like these sharing the most recent information about our Covid-19 status and protocols. As the public around us may loosen restrictions, we will continue to follow guidelines intended to keep seniors and congregate living safe while maximizing enjoyable experiences for our residents. We appreciate your support!