Aloha Residents, Families and Loved Ones,
It has been over 9-months since we last had visitors inside our community and the Corona Covid-19 pandemic will continue to be with us for the unforeseen future. Even with a vaccine the distribution will take us well into next year.
We realize that our precautions need to be balanced with your quality-of-life and safety. To this end we have created the following Guest Visitation and Dining Program.
This program will involve Covid-19 testing BEFORE visitation. Beginning Tuesday, 12/01/2020 we will be offering Covid-19 testing for visitation and dining in the community for guests with details as follows:
- Social Gatherings Outside the Community
- Effective Monday, 11/23/2020, resident(s) are allowed to leave the community for social gatherings. Upon return the resident(s) will need to self-quarantine in their apartment for 5-days then take a Covid-19 PCR swab test and if the test result is negative resident(s) may end the self-quarantine.
- Resident must participate in the twice a week Covid-19 testing for two (2) weeks.
- NO visitations during the self-quarantine period.
- Guest Visitation & Dining
- Guest(s) will take a Covid-19 saliva test BEFORE the visit with resident(s), NO visitation will be allowed without the test.
- Guest(s) may provide a test sample on Monday thru Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- The 1st 10-guest test samples will be sent by FedEx the next day except weekends.
- Guest(s) will have 24-hours upon receipt of the negative test result to start their visit with the resident(s). Date of the visit is dependent on when the test result is received by the community which involves FedEx delivery and lab processing times. We will contact you once the test result is available and you can schedule the visit at that time.
- Guest(s) will complete the Consent form (see attached), provide their insurance information for the lab test fee and if the insurance company denies the charge the guest will be charged a $75 lab fee payable to ‘Ilima at Leihano who will pay the lab.
- Maximum of 2-guests at a time for the 1st 10-guests per day based on available locations (tables/chairs with social distancing).
- Children who are 12 years and under will not be counted towards the (2) guest limit and will have to provide a test sample.
- Guest Visitation & Dining (continued)
- Visitation available will be in a common area from 9:00am to 6:00pm daily. No in-apartment visits are allowed unless preapproved by management.
- Guest(s) will wear a surgical face mask unless having a meal with the resident(s).
- There will be NO social distancing of 6-feet, NO plexiglass separation shields.
- Visitation scheduling will be taken/managed by the Front Desk.
- Guest dining available on the Outdoor Poolside Lanai or the Private Dining Room on a first-come, first-served basis
– Seating on three (3) 4-top tables with minimum 6-feet separation between tables.
– Maximum of 2-guests plus resident or resident couple on one (1) table.
- Standard guest meal pricing applies.
- Guest Visitation and Dining Reservations Required
- Reservations made with the Front Desk
- Lunch reservations between 11:00am and 12:30pm
- Dinner reservations at 4:00pm ONLY
- NO outside food or beverages allowed when dining at the Outdoor Poolside Lanai
- For visits NOT at the Outdoor Poolside Lanai or Private Dining Room, “take-out” guest meals are available. Outside food and beverages are also allowed.
- NO Guest Dining on Holiday
- Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve/Day, New Year’s Eve/Day
- Guests MUST check-in with the Front Desk
- Guest(s) will use the automated check-in Kiosk to answer health screening questions and take a no-touch temperature check
- If you do not have a surgical face mask we will provide you one (1) upon check-in, the mask may be worn under your personal face mask
- Wear a surgical face masks when not eating/drinking
- After the Visit Resident(s) MUST participate in the twice a week Covid-19 testing
- 2-weeks after your guest(s) meal
- NO self-quarantine as long as you participate in the testing
- Wear surgical face masks when not eating/drinking
This guest visitation program is a BIG change to our Covid-19 protocols and involves many operational details. We appreciate your patience and understanding with this program and expect to make improvements which will not be apparent until we start. Please contact Valerie Rickard, me or any of the directors for any questions and we can be reached at 808-674-8022.
Mark T. Tsuda