Dear Residents, Families, and Associates of La Posada:
As part of our continued openness and transparency, I do need to inform you that we have three positive reported cases of COVID-19. Two associates who work in the health center–one in assisted living and one in skilled nursing– have tested positive. In addition, one Mallorca resident has tested positive.
We are now just beginning to conduct contact tracing for these three people. We believe at this time, based on our conversations with all three individuals, the potential exposure to other associates and residents is limited. If it is determined other associates or residents are at high risk of exposure, they will be required to immediately shelter in place, and we will conduct testing for COVID-19.
As a precautionary measure, we will need to change some of the guidance in the Mallorca building and for Mallorca residents.
- All group activities occurring in Mallorca will be discontinued for the time being.
- All residents living in Mallorca who are currently under the shelter-in- place orders should not come out for coffee, muffins, or their mail. We will deliver these items to you as well as your meals.
- Residents living outside of Mallorca should not visit or enter the building unless you have a scheduled appointment in our out-patient clinic.
As a reminder, the following guidance is to be followed by all La Posada residents.
Practice the Four Pillars of Safety:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Health Screenings (temperature checks)
- Wear a mask whenever you are inside a building or with people outdoors
- Stay at a Social Distance of six feet from other people
In addition, please note the following:
- All residents should continue to shelter in place within the community and only attend necessary medical appointments.
- All food and drink should only be consumed in resident units only.
- All meals will continue to be delivered to resident units.
- We will continue to do the personal grocery shopping and delivery two times a week for all residents.
- Small group activities will continue in the Clubhouse, but all safety precautions should be followed
- The fitness center is open by appointment only. Please schedule your reservation with Rick.
- The pool is open on a limited basis and proper social distancing should be followed; this includes Jen’s water aerobics classes.
- We will continue to take everyone’s temperature and screen for COVID-19 symptoms daily when residents enter the Clubhouse and for those who are sheltering in place. Associates will continue to be screened daily and Security will continue to screen anyone driving onto the property.
- IL visitation stations will remain open, but all safety guideline–wearing a mask and proper social distancing–must be followed and will be enforced. Please schedule your visit by calling the Front Desk.
I am still in the process of setting up an account to conduct our own COVID-19 testing for residents. I anticipate we will be able to start testing within the next week or two for all new residents as well as other residents who attend essential medical appointments. As always, we ask that no resident leave the property unless it is for an essential medical appointment and that Security and/or the Front Desk be notified of the resident’s intent to leave prior to leaving (e.g., as soon as the appointment is made).
The following guidance will remain in place for associates:
- Practice the Four Pillars of Safety
- Daily temperatures will be taken
- Daily screening for COVID-19 symptoms
- All health center associates will be tested for COVID-19 every two weeks
- Minimize personal exposure to others and follow safety guidelines outside of work
I promise we will continue to do everything we can to limit our exposure and the spread of COVID-19 here at La Posada.