Good afternoon everyone,
We have received individual tests back from both residents and associates. The results are five new residents, including a Cottage resident, and five associates who are positive.
With continued efforts to determine the movement of the virus, we have discovered many of the positive residents had been visiting each other in their apartments. With this information we did rapid tests of residents known to have prolonged contact with other residents and two were positive with a rapid test. PCR test results confirmed the positive cases. Three of the positive residents were in the hospital. Whether they contracted the virus at the hospital or here in the community is an unknown.
Many of the associates had informed us of family members not feeling well and some with positive test results. These associates were tested with a rapid test and we followed up with a PCR test. We have confirmed the five positive associates with the PCR test result and are waiting for one more.
To reiterate what we are asking of everyone in order to get a handle on the rising numbers, we are asking all residents to remain in their apartments. Do not visit others for any reason. There is a sign-up sheet for any dogs that need to be walked, just call the front desk. The laundry rooms are closed, and we are collecting laundry. We have many residents wishing to go for a walk. We are highly suggesting residents to remain in their apartments at this time. Residents may ask staff to collect their mail if they wish.
Both, The Porch and Secret Garden remain temporarily closed as we assess the situation.
We are encouraging doctor visits to be telehealth if possible and minimize family visits as leaving the community for any reason increases the risk for contracting the virus.
By implementing all these protocols and procedures we hope to halt the spread of the virus and resume our modified activities soon.
As far as the vaccine goes, we are still waiting for a date for the clinic. We now have the paperwork in place. We will be sending out consent forms as soon as we have them for everyone to state either yes or no to the vaccine and sign. I have not been told which vaccine we will be receiving and will let you know as soon as I am provided the information.