Dear Residents, Families, and Associates of Byron Park,
Over the course of the last 24 hours our individual testing results for the 52 assisted living neighborhood residents who had been quarantined after the 12/28 pooled saliva test date have returned. We have one active case of COVID19 at Byron Park, gratefully this resident is doing well and is asymptomatic and will continue to shelter in place in their apartment until cleared by Public Health.
Byron Park has exciting news to share about our upcoming COVID19 Vaccine Clinic. In partnership with John Muir our community is slated to receive the vaccine this coming Wednesday January 6th, 2021 between the hours of 9:00am and 3:30pm. Our community was chosen by the John Muir COVID team as the pilot in our County for its commitment to excellence and COVID19 protocols. As a reminder all residents, Byron Park associates, and all private caregivers are eligible to receive the vaccine on Wednesday.
All Byron Park residents and associates were automatically enrolled. If you did NOT want to receive the vaccine you will need to let us know no later than 10am tomorrow. Once a final headcount is provided to the John Muir Pharmacy team, you will not be able to register for the vaccine. Our partnership with CVS is still pending but it is unclear when we will be able to offer another vaccine clinic.
What do I need to do before the clinic?
- Complete the consent form:
- For ALL residents- Our team will begin at 9:00am tomorrow and will go door to door for your signature. We will also provide you an appointment card with your designated time during this visit.
- For Responsible Parties of AL residents- You will receive an email tonight with a link to DocuSign the consent form.
- For associates and providers- Consent Forms are located at the front desk. A sign-up list for your appointment time is available at the front desk.
What do I need to do on the day of the clinic?
- Arrive on time! Space will be limited so please arrive at your designated time only.
- Check in is in the living room, our clinic space will be the main dining room.
- Due to the temperature needs of the vaccine if you are late to your appointment you may not receive one.
- Wear comfortable clothing that provides easy access to your preferred arm.
- Prepare to stay for your full observation period which is 15-30 minutes.
What if I have an adverse reaction?
- While rare, a small percentage of those receiving the vaccine experienced mild side effects (comparable to flu vaccines), these include soreness at the injection site, tiredness, headache, chills, fever. In rare instances, individuals with a history of severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis- hard time breathing or swallowing) had similar reaction to the Covid vaccine.
- The Private Living will be designated as an Adverse Reaction Station if needed.
- We will have a Medical Director Dr. Nath onsite in addition to 25 John Muir providers that including Pharmacists, Registered Nurses and JM Resident Physicians.
- The clinical team also has over the counter Benadryl, Epi-pen and an AED out of an abundance of caution with them.
- Your COVID19 Vaccine card will be kept by the community until you receive your last dose. We are unable to provide replacement cards currently and this will streamline the operation. A copy of your immunization card however can be provided to you on Wednesday.
- This is the Pfizer vaccine that will require a secondary shot on Wednesday January 27th, 2021.
- Because this is a follow up shot, no additional paperwork will be requested.
- An appointment card will be distributed on January 25th, 2021.
- Your completed vaccination card will be given to you on this day.
We know that early detection through our testing programs, vaccination along with physical distancing, proper mask use, hand hygiene, and ongoing health monitoring, we can provide an excellent line of defense in the fight against Covid-19. If you have questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out.