Dear Residents, Associates, and Family Members of Drake Terrace:
I would like to update you on our current COVID-19 status. We completed a round of covid tests last Friday. Late last night we received some test results and more have started trickling in. As of this letter we have 4 additional positive results. 2 of the cases are care associates, both are symptomatic and are off the schedule to recover at home. The other 2 cases are residents from assisted living. 1 resident is symptomatic, and the other is asymptomatic.
We are currently working with Marin Public Health on contact tracing. All contract tracing for the previous positive results was completed and the residents and families of those exposed were notified. If you did not receive a call you were not exposed or met the criteria of exposure.
As a reminder Marin Public Health requested the following to occur to avoid community widespread of the virus.
• All Indoor Visitations were postponed
• All small group activities were postponed.
• All Assisted Living Residents were required to quarantine through the next two week of community testing.
• As an added precaution the care team is wearing additional disposable PPE.
• All assisted living residents will have Covid-19 Swab testing instead of saliva pool testing. (we have placed gowns and other PPE outside all assisted living resident’s apartments, please do not bring those inside your apartment as they are there to be used by the caregiver who is coming in to assist you.)
Some additional precautions we are taking to reduce any spread of the virus are:
• Any hospice compassionate visits will be limited up to 30 mins. (1 person in the room at a time.)
• To have better control of who is entering either building we will be locking the front doors. Residents from the garden building have their building key to enter the building.
o This change also comes from reports from residents witnessing other residents allowing guests in the building. Please know that per our current covid guidelines visitors in the apartments are not allowed and if there is an outbreak contact tracing will not be accurate.
• Transportation is still available for medically essential visits. We do want to share that some residents have said that their doctor or dentists canceled their appointment once they were informed, we had positive cases at Drake Terrace.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.