Dear Residents, Families, and Associates of First Colonial Inn,
I am pleased to share that the FCI associates and employees of Silver Strands Salon and Genesis Rehab who were tested in last week’s COVID-19 surveillance testing received negative results. Thus far we have randomly tested 40 people with all negative results. Our next testing will be held next week on Wednesday, 9/23. This testing allows us to keep a pulse on any potential COVID activity within the community. If at any point we receive a positive result we will conduct a thorough review to determine if there is a need for wider testing. We greatly appreciate our residents’ and associates’ efforts in maintaining the safety protocols and practices as it attributes to the fact that our residents have remained COVID-free and we have had no new active cases among associates this week.
While safety remains a top priority and we continue to maintain the COVID-19 protocols that have been in place, we remain committed to finding ways to enhance the day to day lives of our residents as we navigate through this pandemic together. I am very happy to announce that we will soon be introducing an INDOOR visit station for residents and families to safely meet! We will continue moving forward with the courtyard/outdoor visit station improvements as well, but with the cooler weather approaching we recognized the need to develop a safe area indoors with the guidance of our Kisco home office support team. We have identified my office, which is near the front entrance, to be the safest location. I am more than happy to make an office move for this great purpose! As soon as we have the logistics worked out, I will share further details as to when it will be available and the guidelines for use. In addition, we are also going to convert the Montpelier Room to an indoor living room space for residents to safely enjoy getting together. We have been blessed to have great weather this summer which has allowed our residents to really enjoy each other’s company in the breezeway and back courtyard. While we will not have the summer breeze and sun upon us in this indoor space, we will ensure it is a comfortable gathering space so the great conversations and laughter may continue.
While I have a feeling that the news of an indoor visit station is going to be the brightest spot of the week, below are some reminders/updates, along with some of the additional “bright spots” from our week:
- Flu Shot Clinic reminder: We will be hosting a Flu Shot Clinic here on October 6th for all residents and associates. A separate letter with further details about the Clinic will be distributed to residents today.
- Shelter in Place requirements update: As a reminder to those residents who have chosen to leave the community on their own or with friends/family you are required to shelter in place within your apartment (other than brief outdoor wellness walks) for a period of 14 days after your outing. These residents are not to participate in communal programs and/or access communal areas, including laundry rooms, salon, gym and other common areas/outdoor sitting areas. In addition, we recently recognized that we need to include transportation services in this communal category. Residents who leave the community, on their own or with family/friends, will not be approved for any transportation requests during their shelter in place period. This protocol is in place to protect other residents during the period of potential infection for individuals who leave our campus.
- This week we introduced our new menu templates, and we appreciate the feedback that many residents have provided. Overall, we have received great reviews in appreciation of the new style as it allows for easier reading, descriptions of the entrée items, and improved order accuracy. We appreciate your patience and understanding as deliveries ran a little slower this week. As the Dining team transitions and becomes accustomed to this new format/workflow we anticipate you will see the delivery time improve.
- Wine Down Wednesdays have arrived! We enjoyed the fantastic sounds of Frank Sings Frank on Wednesday afternoon in the back courtyard. Each week residents will be invited (rotated by floor) to these events where they can enjoy each other’s company, great music, and refreshments including wine and beer Next week, on 9/23, our very own Wellness Assistant, Tim, will be our “resident DJ” and on 9/30 we will be entertained by Chuck Moebus.
- Spirits were brightened this week and caught by camera as you’ll see by the pictures, with residents and associates showing off their wackiest socks on Tuesday. And who doesn’t smile when someone surprises you at your front door with an ice cream cone! Next week we’ll come together again via colors—feel free to wear black and white on Wednesday, 9/23, and green on Friday, 9/25.
Our continued positive thoughts and prayers for everyone’s good health are with each of you. Please let me know if you have any concerns or questions. We appreciate your questions, feedback, and support.