Aloha Residents, Families and Loved Ones,
The relaxed Covid-19 safety activities have been a welcome relief though it may take some time to feel comfortable with these changes after being on guard for so long! These relaxed activities are primarily due to the 95%+ vaccination participation in our community.
An area of continued vigilance is children as they are not yet offered the vaccine and we do not offer the Covid-19 test for children under the age of 14-years. We continue to follow the Center for Disease Control, federal, state, and city & county guidance and will make adjustments based on new information and guidance.
Please see the following Covid-19 safety guidance:
- 4-Pillars of Safety to continue
- Wash your hands (hygiene)
- Health screening
- Wear a face mask
- Social distancing (6-feet)
- Guest Visitation for persons 14 years of age and older
- Fully vaccinated visitors (2-weeks after their 2nd dose) may enter the community and visit residents in their apartments and common areas without scheduling a visitation. Daily visitation hours will be from 8:00am and 8:00pm. A copy of the vaccination card must be provided at the time of the visit.
- If the visitor is not fully vaccinated, an individual Covid-19 saliva test must be taken for a visit in the community. Once a negative result is received, a visit must be scheduled within 24-hours.
- Contact the front desk to schedule a Covid-19 saliva test. Testing times are Sunday thru Thursday from 9:00am to 3:00pm.
- Guest visits without full vaccination or the individual Covid-19 saliva test will be available at the outdoor poolside lanai using the plexiglass shielded table. Visitation times are daily for 45-minutes at 8:00am, 9:00am or 10:00am. Please call the front desk for reservations as it will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A maximum of three (3) visitors per resident or resident couple will be allowed.
- Guest Visitation for children under 14 years of age
- Children under 14 years of age may enter the community but may not enter the Dining Room, participate in Wellness Activities or enter other common areas where residents congregate.
- Pets are allowed but visits must be done in the resident’s apartment and not in the common area.
- Activities Outside Community
- Residents leaving the community for essential and non-essential activities outside the community will not need to self-quarantine in their apartment upon their return. They must participate in the weekly Covid-19 testing.
- Dining Room
- Meals with visitors, 14 years of age and older, are available in the Dining Room, guest meal fees apply. Please call the front desk to make dining reservations.
- Meals with visitors, under 14 years of age, are available in the café, outdoor lanai or Private Dining Room with reservations, guest meal fees apply.
- Room Service / Take-out fees have been reinstated with the exception for residents who are quarantined or ill.
- Wellness Activities
- Visitors who are vaccinated or who visit within 24-hours of a negative Covid-19 test result may join certain Wellness Activities.
- Please do not take the place of a resident(s) who wants to attend this activity, we are still restricted by Hawaii City & County social distancing/gathering guidance.
- Stays in Resident’s Apartment
Visitors who have been vaccinated may stay in a resident’s apartment with prior approval from the Executive Director.
- Effective May 3rd, unscheduled transportation and medical escort fees will apply.
- If medical appointments (Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursday) and errands (Wednesdays & Fridays) are scheduled on the designated days then there will be no charge for transportation.
- Covid-19 Virus Surveillance Testing
- Weekly testing for all associates and residents.
This relaxation of routine activities may cause residents an increased risk of exposure to the Covid-19 virus including contracting the virus from visitors and/or carrying back the virus to the community. Our hopes are since 95% of our residents and associates have been vaccinated, the risk of passing the virus to another person is minimized. Or, if the virus is passed on to another vaccinated person the negative health effects will be reduced.
Please continue encouraging your family and friends, particularly those who visit regularly, to get their vaccinations. Thank you for your continuing support of our safety measures and please contact Valerie Rickard or myself for any questions and we can be reached at 808-674-8022.
Mark T. Tsuda