Dear Residents, Families and Loved Ones,
Since the March 25th “Stay At Home” mandate from the Governor’s Office, and with your help and after-work precautions taken by our associates, we have not had any Covid-19 cases in our community. We have tried to balance safety and quality of life to include in-person visits in our outdoor visitation areas, meals in the Dining Room, essential healthcare appointments, fitness & social activities.
We are concerned with the dramatic increase in new Covid-19 cases whose new record is 124 cases on 30 July. There have also been eight (8) retirement, skilled nursing and rehab communities with positive cases. We ask that you continue to follow the highest level of caution for the well-being of your fellow residents, family and associates.
Based on Federal and State mandates, and our industry-wide best practices, we have summarized our continuing precautions for your safety:
✓ Four (4) pillars of safety
▪ Wash your hands (hygiene)
▪ Health screenings
▪ Wear a mask
▪ Stay distant (6-feet)
✓ Accushield System
▪ Replaced the manual pen & paper sign in/out log with an electronic system
▪ System includes health screenings, temperature checks and tracks your comings and goings for both residents and associates
✓ Stricter Tracking of Residents Leaving the Community
▪ Note from your physician, dentist, therapist, etc. to confirm your essential health visit
▪ If you are away from the community longer than 4-hours you will self-quarantine for 14-days or take a Covid-19 test, at your expense, authorized by your physician
▪ If you have three (3) or more essential medical appointments within a 30-day period you will self-quarantine for 14-days or take a Covid-19 test
✓ Associates are continually reminded
▪ Tell us if they experience any health issues
▪ Contact with anyone who has a Covid-19 positive test result or has been in a location that has a report of a Covid-19 positive test result
▪ Have paid full wages and benefits to multiple associates who have been in this situation and who we told to self-quarantine at home…all their Covid-19 test results have been negative
✓ Disinfecting Treatment of High Contact Areas with Electrostatic Sprayer
▪ Weekly basis disinfect all high-contact public areas, i.e. hallways, doors, elevators, handrails, stairs/stairwells, front desk, Lobby, Café, Dining Room, Activity Room, salon, Sales/ office, restrooms, laundry rooms, mailboxes, 1st floor lanai, outdoor visitation area, outdoor benches
✓ No visitors to community (inside building) except for “compassionate visits” or essential health care
✓ Visitor(s) to our outdoor visitation area MUST
▪ Wear face masks for duration of the visit
▪ Maintain social distancing…no hugs, kisses or touching
✓ All associates to wear face masks
✓ All residents leaving the apartment to wear face masks
✓ Virtual visits available with family/friends via Zoom, Face-time, Skype, etc.
✓ Deliveries dropped off outside the main entrance and sanitized before being brought into the community
Thank you for understanding and for working with us to keep our residents and associates as safe as possible. As always, please feel free to contact Valerie Rickard or me for any questions.
Mark T. Tsuda