I wanted to send you an update relative to our operating guidelines here at Sagewood at Daybreak. We are now two weeks past our second vaccine clinic. We have one clinic to go which will be held next Thursday, the 25th of February. Six residents will be getting their second dose and a handful of associates. Overall, we will be at 88% participation between residents and staff.
Kisco has set a target for 80% vaccination participation between residents and staff. Because this target has been exceeded, we will be modifying our guidelines with the details listed below beginning March 10th:
• Testing frequency will be reduced to once per week for all residents and associates.
• We will continue to follow the pillars of safety including mask usage, social distancing, and frequent hand washing.
• Dining rooms will return to full operation including 4-top tables accommodating 4 residents. Our dining room table set up will return to normal.
• Full scale wellness activities can resume. Buses and community transportation may operate without limitation. Masks and social distancing will continue.
• Entertainers who have been fully vaccinated (at least two weeks since their second dose) may enter the community without restrictions.
• Hair salons will be opened without limitation. (More than one stylist will be allowed to operate in the salon)
• Resident Town Hall and Church Services may resume with limitations.
• Fully vaccinated visitors (with at least two weeks since their second dose) may enter the community without restrictions, including visitation in the resident’s apartment.
• Visitors who have not been vaccinated will continue to have the options of visiting in our safe visiting areas.
• Essential visitors such as home health and hospice providers may enter community without testing if two weeks have passed since their second dose.
As mentioned above, these guidelines will go into effect on March 10th. This date was chosen as two weeks will have past since our last vaccine clinic.
We have contracted with our local pharmacy to provide vaccines to both new residents and new associates.
This is not the end as you all know. We are excited to be able to modify our guidelines and hope this allows you all to connect on a more personal level. We appreciate you all so much for the support you have shown as we partner together to make a difference in the lives of our residents and associates.
I know there are lots of questions. Feel free to send me an email or give me a call. I’ll send out another update as this day draws near with answers to frequently asked questions.
Hope you all have a great weekend!